Deli Staff – Derry
McAtamney’s Traditional Butchers is a family run company, with Oran McAtamney and his two sons, Mark and Declan overseeing the daily operations. The first store was opened in 1933, since then we have expanded to a total of 13 shops, 4 deli’s, a boning hall and a Gourmet Kitchen facility. We pride ourselves on offering traditional meats, at affordable prices, as well as a range of convenient meals to suit our ever-changing customer requirements. Exceptional customer service is at the forefront of everything we do.
We are an award winning company – most recently Oran was recognised for his dedication to the butchery trade when he was given the Life Time Achievement award by Mid Ulster Council, we were also delighted to been awarded the prestigious “Employer of the Future” award by Causeway Coast and Glens Council. We have ambitious plans for the future and we are on the look out for staff to join our team and as embark on this journey. There is room to grow and learn, as well as the opportunity for career progression for the right individual.
At present we have four “To Go” Deli’s within our butcher stores, they are continuously busy with a breakfast / lunch / dinner trade, and so we require someone who will bring a can do attitude and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
Your day will be filled with a variety of tasks from preparing salads and sandwich fillings to maintaining the cleanliness within your department. You will be customer facing – we expect our staff to give the highest level of service to each person who comes in the door.
You will be working closely with our existing team, therefore good communication skills are required. Experience working in a food / retail environment would be desired, but not essential as full training will be given.
We believe in continuously training and upskilling our staff, we offer the opportunity to complete an NVQ during work hours, as well as completing Level 2 Food Hygiene when required.
· Ensuring that customers are served in a professional, efficient and friendly manner.
· Daily Food Prep – e.g. peeling and chopping of vegetables etc
· Preparing customer orders, ensuring orders are correct, presentation and attention to detail is important. You will also be handling cash / card sales.
· Ensuring products are displayed to company standards in the counter and hot food bar.
· Ensuring the company’s food hygiene practices are observed in all elements, from storage, preparation, through to the finished product.
· Working in a safe and professional manner at all times.
· Promotion of our Meal Deal / Loyalty card, as well as knowledge of daily specials. We are open to feedback and ideas from our staff, there is the opportunity to introduce new dishes and ideas to further enhance the store / menu.
We promote a friendly work environment, with room to learn and grow – this is evident in the number of staff who have been with us for several years (some as many as 25+). We are an equal opportunities employer and we look forward to receiving your application.
Rate of pay is age / experience dependent.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From £10.42 per hour
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person