Butcher / Retail Assistant Forestside
This is a full time role at our Forestside store – Monday – Saturday with a day off during the week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above job position, send your cv to email@example.com
McAtamney’s Traditional Butchers is a family run company, with Oran McAtamney and his two sons, Mark and Declan overseeing the daily operations. The first store was opened in 1933, since then we have expanded to a total of 13 shops, 4 deli’s, a boning hall and a Gourmet Kitchen facility. We pride ourselves on offering traditional meats, at affordable prices, as well as a range of convenient meals to suit our ever-changing customer requirements. Exceptional customer service is at the forefront of everything we do.
We are an award winning company – most recently Oran was recognised for his dedication to the butchery trade when he was given the Life Time Achievement award by Mid Ulster Council, we were also delighted to have been awarded the prestigious “Employer of the Future” award by Causeway Coast and Glens Council. We have ambitious plans for the future and we are on the look out for staff to join our team and as embark on this journey. There is room to grow and learn, as well as the opportunity for career progression for the right individual.
Butchery skills would be desired, however if you are enthusiastic and willing to learn they are not essential. Full training will be delivered by our team of skilled butchers.
You will be working closely with our existing team, therefore good communication skills are required. Experience working in a food / retail environment would be desired, but not essential as full training will be given.
We believe in continuously training and upskilling our staff, we offer the opportunity to complete an NVQ during work hours, as well as completing Level 2 Food Hygiene when required.
As a Butcher / Counter Assistant you will be working in a busy shop. Your day will be filled with a variety of tasks from preparing and displaying meats, pre-packing products to maintaining the cleanliness of the counter and display, as well as offering consistent, friendly service to our customers.
· Offer excellent customer service by offering advice, recommendations, cooking advice and upselling.
· Cutting and preparing meat with a high level of presentation (Butcher role)
· Preparation of produce for the pre-pack areas.
· Ensuring all produce is displayed to company standards.
· Ensuring the company’s food hygiene practices are observed in all elements, from storage, preparation, through to the finished product.
· Working in a safe manner at all times.
· Promotion of our Loyalty card, as well as knowledge of monthly offers. We are open to feedback and ideas from our staff, there is the opportunity to introduce new dishes and ideas to further enhance the store.
We promote a friendly work environment, with room to learn and grow – this is evident in the number of staff who have been with us for several years (some as many as 25+). We are an equal opportunities employer and we look forward to receiving your application.
Competitive rate of pay depending on experience / level: £20,000.00-£33,000.00 per year
Free Training / NVQ Courses
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Full-time hours: 43.5 per week