We are currently recruiting for:
DELI MANAGER (LIMAVADY)
Job Title: Deli Manager
Responsible: Shop Manager
Liaising with: Senior management
Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide a superior customer service. Responsible for assigning the daily duties of deli department staff and preparing deli products (sandwiches, salads, soups, etc.) in accordance with company standards on merchandise presentation, safety, hygiene and service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise staff levels sufficient to provide excellent customer service and complete work load, while working within the constraints of the staff budget.
- Plan staff rotas, including breaks and days off.
- Authorise holiday requests, liaising with the manager to ensure sufficient staff cover. Organise, provide and implement staff training, according to company policies.
- Assist manager with the logging of diary reminders for Basic Food Hygiene training.
- Oversee that colleagues are completing their duties in a well conducted manner.
- Implement and ensure staff adhere to company policies and procedures at all times. Where they fail to do so, conduct the necessary investigations according to the employee handbook.
- Motivate the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Monitor absence and complete the necessary documentation, informing the store manager of any issues.
- Encourage staff to put forward suggestions or improvements and involve them whenever possible in decision making to improve shop morale.
Sales Area & Product
- To ensure sure only the freshest, highest quality produce is on display for sale.
- Stock should be displayed as per company standards.
- Ensure all stock is rotated.
- To oversee that the sales area is clean and tidy at all times.
- To prepare food products for the counter.
- To ensure every customer receives exceptionally customer care – customer service is the lifeblood of this business.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments and ensure standards for customer service are met and exceeded.
- Promote customer loyalty through the company loyalty scheme.
- Ensure customer purchases are packed according to company standards.
- Liaise with the Manager on product availability and selection and to collaborate on ideas to build sales.
- Encourage your staff to note product trends.
- Be proactive regards competition and commercial change as opposed to being reactive.
- Inform all staff of any promotional changes or special offers and encourage them to promote these products.
- Use sales data to establish a stock control pattern.
- Ensure that there is sufficient, fresh stock available for the shop.
- Minimise loss by making usage of the frequent supplier deliveries available to the shops.
- All stock must be checked on arrival. This includes checking the quality as well as the quantity.
- Any shortages or returns must be clearly marked on the delivery documentation.
- Managers must operate Food Hygiene systems as per detailed in the HACCP regulations.
- Record the necessary storage, cooking and cleaning details as per HACCP requirements.
- Log any incidents and control measures put in place.
- Oversee that staff conduct their activities in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Report any reoccurring issues to senior management.
- To avoid unnecessary wastage.
- To ensure that shop and staff are neatly presented at all times.
- Ensure staff appearance and personal hygiene are as per company standards.
- Assist the manager to work within given budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Assist with the implementation of new company initiatives, practices and procedures.
- Put forward suggestions to improve the business.
- To participate in promotional events.
- Ensure health and safety standards are being met.
- Balance tills and prepare end-of-day reports. Resolve any discrepancies on a daily basis.
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (GARVAGH)
Hours of work: Monday – Saturday
As a Packer, you will be working in an exceptionally busy production area in our Garvagh shop. You’ll be a critical part of the team, labelling and packing our ‘Bears Grill’ range for despatch. Your day will be filled with a variety of tasks from packing and labelling food to maintaining the cleanliness of the work station. Our customers are our main focus in everything we do and that means giving them the highest quality produce consistently. You don’t necessarily need experience but you need to fit comfortably into a hard working team.
You will be responsible for:
- Packing, wrapping and labelling of all food produce, according to company standards.
- Ensuring all products are wrapped securely and quickly in time for dispatch.
- Keeping work are clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintaining a high standard of food quality and presentation.
- Minimising wastage.
- Ensuring the company’s food hygiene practices are observed in all elements, from storage through to finished product.
- Working in a safe manner at all times.
- Reporting equipment failures and maintenance requirements to the production manager.
You need to show us that you have the following:
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- A flexible attitude to work (in a good way)!
- Possess high standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Experience of working in food production (desirable)
- Experience of working in a team (desirable)
- Experience of working in a time pressured environment (essential)