We are currently recruiting for:
DELI MANAGER (LIMAVADY)
Job Title: Deli Manager
Responsible: Shop Manager
Liaising with: Senior management
Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide a superior customer service. Responsible for assigning the daily duties of deli department staff and preparing deli products (sandwiches, salads, soups, etc.) in accordance with company standards on merchandise presentation, safety, hygiene and service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise staff levels sufficient to provide excellent customer service and complete work load, while working within the constraints of the staff budget.
- Plan staff rotas, including breaks and days off.
- Authorise holiday requests, liaising with the manager to ensure sufficient staff cover. Organise, provide and implement staff training, according to company policies.
- Assist manager with the logging of diary reminders for Basic Food Hygiene training.
- Oversee that colleagues are completing their duties in a well conducted manner.
- Implement and ensure staff adhere to company policies and procedures at all times. Where they fail to do so, conduct the necessary investigations according to the employee handbook.
- Motivate the team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Monitor absence and complete the necessary documentation, informing the store manager of any issues.
- Encourage staff to put forward suggestions or improvements and involve them whenever possible in decision making to improve shop morale.
Sales Area & Product
- To ensure sure only the freshest, highest quality produce is on display for sale.
- Stock should be displayed as per company standards.
- Ensure all stock is rotated.
- To oversee that the sales area is clean and tidy at all times.
- To prepare food products for the counter.
- To ensure every customer receives exceptionally customer care – customer service is the lifeblood of this business.
- Respond to customer complaints and comments and ensure standards for customer service are met and exceeded.
- Promote customer loyalty through the company loyalty scheme.
- Ensure customer purchases are packed according to company standards.
- Liaise with the Manager on product availability and selection and to collaborate on ideas to build sales.
- Encourage your staff to note product trends.
- Be proactive regards competition and commercial change as opposed to being reactive.
- Inform all staff of any promotional changes or special offers and encourage them to promote these products.
- Use sales data to establish a stock control pattern.
- Ensure that there is sufficient, fresh stock available for the shop.
- Minimise loss by making usage of the frequent supplier deliveries available to the shops.
- All stock must be checked on arrival. This includes checking the quality as well as the quantity.
- Any shortages or returns must be clearly marked on the delivery documentation.
- Managers must operate Food Hygiene systems as per detailed in the HACCP regulations.
- Record the necessary storage, cooking and cleaning details as per HACCP requirements.
- Log any incidents and control measures put in place.
- Oversee that staff conduct their activities in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Report any reoccurring issues to senior management.
- To avoid unnecessary wastage.
- To ensure that shop and staff are neatly presented at all times.
- Ensure staff appearance and personal hygiene are as per company standards.
- Assist the manager to work within given budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Assist with the implementation of new company initiatives, practices and procedures.
- Put forward suggestions to improve the business.
- To participate in promotional events.
- Ensure health and safety standards are being met.
- Balance tills and prepare end-of-day reports. Resolve any discrepancies on a daily basis.
Monday – Friday
As a Boner/Trimmer, you will work as part of a busy team extracting cuts of meat from the carcass and prepare the cuts for the shop orders. Experience in the butchery trade would beneficial to this role.
- To cut, bone and trim all cuts of meat.
- To receive deliveries of meat.
- To make meat shop ready, working to quality standards and product specifications.
- To observe a clean, safe and organised working environment at all times.
- To assist with stock control – stock rotation; stock take; stock adjustments.
- To avoid unnecessary wastage.
- To ensure excellent food hygiene practices are observed, in all elements from storage, preparation through to finished product.
- Compliance with HACCP regulations.
- To liase with other team members.
- Ensure equipment is used appropriately and report equipment failures and maintenance requirements.
You need to show us that you have the following:
- A real passion for delivering excellent standards.
- A keen interest in developing a career within the industry.
- A good knowledge of HACCP
- Ability to organise and prioritise work.
- A flexible attitude to work (in a good way)!
- Possess high standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Experience of working in a team (essential).